On Monday, September 10, 2007 at 17:48:31 +0200, Henning Brauer wrote:
>Hi,
>
>unfortunately the harddisk in my X40 died. And even worse, I just
>learned that the disk in the X40 is kind of special. It is a 1.8" hard
>disk that does NOT use the ZIF connector (these are somewhat common)
>but the same 44pin connector 2.5" disks use. 1.8" disks with that
>connector have only ever been made by Hitachi. I have looked for a disk
>up and down all day without success. So, if anyone is able to kind-of
>quickly get me a Hitachi HTC426060G9AT00, that would be most welcome
>and would allow me to hack when I am at home again ;(
>I am in Hamburg/Germany, btw.

There's a HTC426040G9AT00 for 99 euro at www.alternate.nl.  Although the
model number indicates that it is the correct drive (but only 40 GB
instead of 60 GB), the website says that it has a ZIF connector.
I suppose it's a mistake on the website.

I'm willing to get the drive and send it to you, if you can live with
the reduced capacity.  It would be nice if someone can step in to share
the cost.

Maurice