At 08:52 AM 9/11/2007 -0600, Mark Zimmerman wrote:
> > Here's a link to the removal page from U3:
> >
> >         http://www.u3.com/uninstall/
>
> ah, thanks for the link.

Is it possible to remove it with fdisk/disklabel/newfs_msdos, or is it
more insidious than that?

-- Mark

Last time I tried to disklabel a U3 drive, it trashed it. Might have been an error in procedure, but the removal is pretty quick (assuming you have a Windoze machine available). The only trick I found is to start the remove utility at the exact same time you insert the USB drive, which prevents it from trying to install it's garbage. (The utility will not start unless the stick is installed, however if you install the stick before running the remove you risk trashing the machine.)

        Lee