--- Marco Peereboom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I installed FreeBSD once in my life.  Took me 3 tries and I am sure some
> kittens were murdered in the process.  I am also pretty sure I wept at
> some point.  Honestly I can't remember a much worse installer; maybe SCO
> OpenServer but not by much.

I've used FreeBSD and Linux for some time (> 5 years) now and IMO I don't think
the
FreeBSD installer is _that_ bad. It might be confusing to the first time novice
user
but honestly I've seen worse Linux installers. Guess it comes down to the
degree of
familiarity and I have become familiar enough with the FreeBSD installer that I
can
install any of their 4.X - 6.X releases without any problems on a standard i386
system.

Having said that I think that the OpenBSD installer is awesome. Nothing beats
its
simplicity, and it's one of the few installers I can think of (besides NetBSD
perhaps?) that boots from one floppy disk. How amazing is that??!!

No need whatsoever to even think of changing the OpenBSD installer - it just
works
so well.

On the Linux side, I rather like Debian's netinst installer - its the closest to
OpenBSD in simplicity and ease of use.

http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html