Craig Skinner wrote:
Darren Spruell wrote:
For the scenario where you have two openbsd hosts, one connected to
the second with a serial null modem cable, what is the right device to
use when connecting using tip(1) from the first to a console on the
second?

[snip]

Then, on either box, I can do this to get to the console on its neighbour:

$ sudo tip tty01

Replying to myself here for the archives:

In another recent thread (operator permissions: a wish-list) started by Douglas Tutty;

> dialout: so I can use minicom to access the modem directly

When I saw that, I added myself to the dialer group so that I can tip to another box over the serial line without sudo:

$ ls -l /dev/tty01
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer    8,   1 Sep 20 08:20 /dev/tty01

$ groups
staff wheel operator dialer