Aaron W. Hsu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am willing to guess that with something like Hebrew, OpenBSD has all the
> necessary support for the system, but, most common applications do not have
> support for the right-to-left way of writing.

Well, do you consider, say, ksh and vi as part of the system or as
"common applications"?

What about wscons?  Does a Hebrew VT220 change writing direction?

I know that adding full POSIX i18n support requires changes to lots
of text processing tools under /usr/bin.  Languages like Hebrew or
Arabic are likely to add further complications, but I don't know
if their needs are covered by POSIX.

At least I'm aware that I know approximately nothing about this
topic.  I sure hope people who make confident pronouncements are
actually more knowledgeable.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]