Otto Moerbeek wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Stijn wrote:

Hi,

I've built Java 1.5 as explained on:
"http://openbsd.org/faq/faq13.html#javaplugin";

After the "make install" I created the symbolic link to use the Java-plugin in firefox. "ln -s /usr/local/jdk-1.5.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so \ /home/stijn/.mozilla/plugins"

After I start firefox and enter "about:plugins", firefox becomes unresponsive. On my xterm console I get the error message: "/usr/local/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin:/usr/local/jdk-1.5.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so: undefined symbol '__cxa_atexit' lazy binding failed!"

When I remove the symbolic link firefox works fine. Entering "about:plugins"
returns information about installed plugins.

Anybody knows how to fix this? I have no idea what the lazy binding means.

Check http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html#20070903

Probably firefox was compiled before the change, while the plugin
after, or something like that.
        -Otto
Hi,

I did the following to solve this issue:
-upgraded to the latest snapshot (24 Sept)
-updated ports tree
-upgraded packages (pkg_add -vi)
-rebuilt jdk 1.5
-installed jre 1.5 package

Firefox displays the "about:plugins" without freezing now.

Thanks Otto for the pointer.

BR,
Stijn