Alexander Hall wrote:
> The problem is that nfs shares does not traverse file system
> mount points once initialized. Since nfs probably was started
> prior to mounting the msdos partition (with the noauto option in
> /etc/fstab), nfs would only share the contents of the mount
> point directory itself.
>
> A ``pkill -HUP mountd'' might help after mounting the msdos file
> system, in order to make mountd aware of the new file system
> "overriding" the mount point directory.

I'm sorry, it doesn't work like you expect.

On the OpenBSD server:

~% grep usb /etc/fstab
/dev/sd0i  /mnt/usb     msdos   rw,nodev,nosuid,noauto,noexec    0       0
~% grep usb /etc/exports
/mnt/usb -maproot=han:nfs marsupilami
~% mount |grep usb
/dev/sd0i on /mnt/usb type msdos (NFS exported, local, uid=1000, gid=0)
~% sudo pkill -HUP mountd
~% ls /mnt/usb
foofile

On the linux client:

~% mount G /mnt/usb
haddock:/mnt/usb on /mnt/usb type nfs (rw,addr=172.16.11.1)
~% ls /mnt/usb

# Han