"Marcus Andree" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> If you're trying to install OpenBSD on a 486 machine just to keep your
> proficience levels, why not just virtualize it on whatever is the OS that will
> boot the P-II?

I suppose the real answer to that is along the lines of

  'there is nothing that really compares to the smell and sound of
   early-vintage equipment - the crunchy sound of ancient hard disks
   spinning, the smell of solder and the tangy whiff of a motherboard
   getting close to its final burnout'

> I have a vmware image running quite comfortably on my desktop at work.

qemu works too.

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/