Alexey Vatchenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How is it possible to set 1.5 stopbits in tcsetattr(3) ?
> The only thing that i found related to stopbits is CSTOPB (2 stopbits).
> But iirc 5 databits can be used in conjunction with 1 or 1.5 stopbits.

UARTs derived from the Intel 8250 (i.e., PC "COM" ports) have only
a single bit setting to control the number of stop bits.  If this
bit is 0, it means one stop bit.  If it is 1, it means one and a
half stop bits in conjunction with 5-bit characters and two stop
bits for 6/7/8-bit characters.

Actually, I think this is found in other UARTs as well.  It's the
same in the obscure 6551, for sure.

So you just set five data bits, no parity, CSTOPB, and you'll be
fine.  Just why you would need this is beyond me, though.  The only
application that comes to mind is interfacing with 50-year-old
teletype equipment.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]