Alvaro Mantilla Gimenez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Anyways...like Peter said: "it's a bit too late" because the snapshots
> are moving to 4.3 direction. So...probably...in some point of
> time...my question was correct..right?

If you fetch snapshots as they appear and install them, then at some
point, two times a year, you will be running something very close to
the -release version.  When your dmesg output switches to -current
again, you're past that point.

Some of us run snapshots pretty much right away when we notice there's
a new one out (but buy CDs and other gear anyway to support the
project), at least on some systems.  If that sounds too scary, your
best option is to order your CDs early and watch errata.html for any
patches.  That way you stay with the supported versions as well,
meaning essentially that you have something other people will be able
to test and offer useful suggestions for.

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/