Edd Barrett writes:

> Ok, so I have found a reasonable flight from easyjet (about B#50 round
> trip). Now the price of the hotel is punishing us. It translates to
> about B#35 quid a night (for 4 people to stay), if we stay in
> conference hotel. This brings the total cost (with some beer money
> allowance) to about B#300. Not student prices, you might agree.
>
> What are the other options? Hostels? 3/2 star hotels?

The Hotel Primavera (http://www.albergo-primavera.it/) is a 15 minute
bus ride away from the conference hotel.  There are bus stops in front
of both hotels.  I staid at the Hotel Primavera last year.  My room
and the bathroom were nice and clean but the breakfast was rather
simple.  I'd also ask for a room at the back of the hotel to reduce
the noise from Via Orlanda.

Bus tickets are available at the airport; the daily tickets are pretty
cheap.  I was told that it is much more spectacular to take the water
taxi from the airport to Venice though :-)