> I'm wondering how sensitive hoststated is to the certificate (might
> "check https digest" fail because the server certificate and the name
> I'm asking for don't match?), or could it be that hoststated computes
> the https digest before the html output is decrypted?

Hoststated doesn't check certificates and computes the digest after the
output is decrypted (it wouldn't be a static digest otherwise !).
It could be that your real server is too slow to respond to hoststated
and that the digest is done on incomplete data, please run hoststated
with "-dv" to verify this assumption.

Regards,
Pierre-Yves.