On 2007/10/29 10:49, Austin Hook wrote:
> I understand that some people have experienced boot problems with CD #1 in
> the new 4.2 release set, mainly with older machines.

I don't have a suitable machine to try it on, but amd64 boot loader is
now able to boot an i386 kernel, and I suspect (but am not certain) that
the boot loader itself may be able to run on either arch.

So, it may be worth someone with an affected machine trying to boot
CD 2 and if the boot loader does start up, pause it (just hit space or
something), swap to CD 1, and continue by typing 'boot'.