Hi,

I just finished upgrading a 3.8 system to 4.1 and performing a fresh
install on a system that previously had Linux installed on it.
Naturally while performing these upgrades I had to occasionally
consult the OpenBSD documentation (FAQs on installation/upgrading).
The existing documentation worked fine (i.e. I never felt a need to go
find another set of guides).

I personally have never found any of these other 'guides' that are
maintained outside of the OpenBSD project useful, mainly because of a
fear that the information will be stale due to the fact it is not
maintained by a developer.

As for your prototype specifically, I can understand what you are
doing, but in order to make sure you capture all the info that is
covered in the FAQ for install/upgrade
(http://openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html), your guide would quickly grow much
larger. Plus, the FAQ is hyperlinked into different topic areas so one
can jump around easily, whereas your guide is linear.

HTH,
Walter