On 11/6/07, Jason Dixon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 10:46:28PM +0800, Koh Choon Lin wrote:
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > Anyone has a success story on installing OBSD on MacBook or MB Pro?
>
> I finally got around to futzing with this after upgrading to 10.5 on my
> MacBook
> Pro.  The last time I reinstalled OS 10.4, I created a 2nd partition of type
> FAT32 just in case I decided to try OpenBSD on this laptop.  The gist of the
> process is quite simple, assuming you have the extra partition available.  If
> not, use BootCamp.
>
> * Install rEFIt within OS X

You don't strictly need this, or BootCamp. rEFIt is just a bootloader
and some shell scripts to run "bless"
(http://www.hmug.org/man/8/bless.php) at the right times in the right
ways to make dualbooting between the two convenient. BootCamp is some
firmware updates (that you should already have) which make the
bootloader capable of booting arbitrary partitions, a GUI wrapper
around `diskutil resizeVolume` and some Windows drivers.

-Nick