* NetOne - Doichin Dokov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-11-07 01:57]:
> Hello,
>
> I have an OpenBSD 4.2 box set up to shape clients traffic. Each client gets
> limited by these 4 rules:
>
> pass in on $int_if from $client_ip to any queue client_in
> pass out on $int_if from any to $client_ip queue client_out
> pass in on $ext_if from any to $client_ip queue client_out
> pass out on $ext_if from $client_ip to any queue client_in
>
> Everything works fine. I now want to limit max states created by each
> client in each direction to 300, so i modified the rules to be:
>
> pass in on $int_if from $client_ip to any (max 300) queue client_in

when a packet matches this rule, but there are already 300 states from
this rule, the result is a non-match. you need to decide what to do
with excess states and put rules in. it could be sth like

block from $a to $b
pass  from $a to $b keep state (max 300)

to block 'em.

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de