On Nov 17, 2007 4:58 PM, Rolf Sommerhalder
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Still, I am unsure if the DNS/UDP relay actually behaves correctly,
> and if this work-around does make sense.

After a deep dive into the sources of hoststated, my current
understanding is that this is not a problem caused by hoststated
itself, but rather how the underlaying IP stack determines the source
IP address of a UDP packet when the server is multi-homed.

relay_dns_request() in src/usr.sbin/hoststated/relay_udp.c calls
sendto() with the correct destination IP. However, the source IP
address can not be passed to sendto().

Are there facilities to set the source address for UDP packets sent
from a multi-homed server?