  From: Nick Holland
  To: misc
  Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:18 AM
  Subject: Re: can't change password with passwd comand

  Cristiano Deana wrote:
  > On Nov 21, 2007 10:48 AM, Kafriki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  >
  >> ok here is a user with full details: (this is in plain text, hope it's
more
  >> readable)

cat.cat:$2a$07$aYgatzjxAULHQmmZkjmvteGEaO8Ie8geMoUfhl7AAzKi.WeRhuoA6:10006:20
::0:0:Pussy
  >> Cat:/smbhome/student_homedirs/cat.cat:/bin/ksh
  >
  > Don't paste "a user" but line 24's user

  and 23 and 25...

  Better yet, end the blooming guessing game, post the thing somewhere.
  Yes, that means all your PWs are trash, but if you are inheriting a
  machine, you need to change all the PWs anyway...and probably once
  again once you have properly secured it.

  Or manually edit down the file to the absolute minimum that demonstrates
  the problem.

  Or move the file to another OpenBSD machine (they are easy to build)
  and verify that the problem is IN that file, and not a systemic problem,
  which is not out of the question, considering the other apparent damage
  to it.  Then do what we will do and chew through the file and figure
  out why it isn't working.

  Nick.