| I'm currently looking for a way to configure fragmentation
| thresholds and beacon intervals on a Ralink-based WiFi card on
| OpenBSD 4.2, configured as an AP.

Frames fragmentation is not supported by OpenBSD, both in the TX
and RX paths.  This is a limitation of the ieee80211(9) layer (for
the RX path) as well as a limitation of the drivers (for the TX path.)
An OpenBSD AP can't talk to stations using fragmented frames.

You can't configure the beacon interval too, basically because there's
no such option in ifconfig and an ioctl in ieee80211(9) is missing.
It wouldn't be too hard to implement though.

Damien

  • WiFi parameters Emmanuel Peroumalnaïk
    • Re: WiFi parameters Damien Bergamini