> On Sunday 25 November 2007 00:00:45 Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
>> Is the support for adjusting the mtu with VIA Rhine-II chipset based
>> interfaces missing because of hardware limitations or because support for
>> it hasn't been written yet??
>>
>> # ifconfig vr0 mtu 1492
>> ifconfig: SIOCSIFMTU: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>>

>> Sevan / Venture37

> Appears to me that via hands out specs on a nda & case-by-case basis. Not
sure
> why soekris decided to use those chips in the net-5501. Actually they use
via
> rhine-III but they behave the same.
> If you're routing to dsl you can workaround in pf.conf by putting a line
like
> scrub out on $ext_if max-mss 1452
> in the normalization section.
>
> Regards,
> Dorian

Hi Dorian
I'm aware of that option from reading the pppoe(4) man page, but I'm not too
keen on the side effects, hence why I was asking on the list about the
interface as I wouldn't mind testing a snapshot which did support it. The
system I'm going to be using is a jetway mini-itx board with a vr interface
built onboard & 3 re interfaces on a daughterboard, it'd be a shame to waste a
gigabit interface for the pppoe connection.

Sevan / Venture37
100s of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
https://www.musicmashup.co.uk