On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:28:35 -0500 Nick Guenther wrote:
> On 11/28/07, Didier Wiroth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm running current (amd64) with netbeans and jdk1.5.
> > The ouput window of netbeans generates squares and is unreadable.
> >
> > You can view a screenshot of the problem here (look at the output window):
> > http://www.wiroth.net/images/netbeans.png

I have experienced same problem, screenshot:
http://iki.fi/tero.koskinen/corrupted-netbeans-ant-output.png

It happens only with Netbeans. Other Java/Swing apps (like MagicDraw,
Struts Console) are fine.

> > How can I solve this problem in netbeans?

I don't have solution. As a work-around I use Eclipse or ViM.

> Looks like a font problem. I'm guessing Netbeans is trying to use
> fonts you don't have installed?
> Can you change the font preferences anywhere in Netbeans?

I am not sure it is a font problem. Now and then the console
output is fine and in the next moment the output is again plain squares.
Changing font preferences haven't helped me.

System:
OpenBSD 4.2-current (GENERIC) #553: Sun Nov 18 19:23:03 MST 2007
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
netbeans-5.5p0
freefonts-0.10p0
ghostscript-fonts-8.11p0
jmk-fonts-3.0p0