Hi,

I want to use perl's threads module. It seems that this is not
supported on OpenBSD (4.0 but since the perl version is the same in
4.1 and 4.2, I guess this problem still exists).

When writing a one-line perl program that has "use threads;" as
contents, I get the following error on execution:

# cat test.pl
use threads;
# perl test.pl
test.pl line 1:

This Perl hasn't been configured and built properly for the threads
module to work.  (The 'useithreads' configuration option hasn't been used.)

Having threads support requires all of Perl and all of the XS modules in
the Perl installation to be rebuilt, it is not just a question of adding
the threads module.  (In other words, threaded and non-threaded Perls
are binary incompatible.)

If you want to the use the threads module, please contact the people
who built your Perl.

Cannot continue, aborting.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/libdata/perl5/i386-openbsd/5.8.8/threads.pm line 28.
Compilation failed in require at test.pl line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at test.pl line 1.

Is this a known problem on OpenBSD or have I just done something
wrong? In both cases: is there any way to overcome this?

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards
--
Thomas