Greetings,

I'm having trouble getting FTP to work in passive mode. (I've set the machine
up as an FTP server).

I can connect in active mode, with a PORT connection, but I'm seeing a 425
error ("can't open passive connection; can't assign requested address") for
passive attempts.

The FTP server is 'self-protected' by pf and I've got one high port assigned in
addition to 21, of course. I chose to restrict the high port to one port rather
than a range. I've also set this in sysctl.conf.

The machine also sits on a LAN behind a router which currently only allows in
port 21, but allows out everything.

Suggestions welcome!

--
Be aware. Stay present. Speak honestly.