Hi,

On Fri, 30.11.2007 at 15:27:15 +0100, Pete Vickers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In case it's needed (which I doubt), I'll voice my VERY strongly
> preference for sendmail instead of all these other pretenders.

I take your plug for sendmail as an invitation to ask a sendmail
question:

I have a box that serves as a VPN gateway:

N1 --- box in question -- Internet --- other gateway --- N2

N1 = 192.168.2.0/24
N2 = 192.168.1.0/24

Of course, on the "Internet" side of it, it has an official IP address.

Now, I'd like to send mail, eg. the usual daily reports, via the tunnel
to a mail server in N2. There is also no other way to reach that mail
server except via the tunnel, and of course, I want the information
transferred be protected from prying eyes. In the various sendmail
configuration files, I've placed statements similar to

O ClientPortOptions=Family=inet, Address=192.168.2.5

and

DS [192.168.1.10]

Unfortunately, sending mail that way fails because Sendmail insists in
using the IP address of the interface going out to the Internet.

What gives?

TIA!

Best,
--Toni++