Brian A. Seklecki ?????:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Jake Conk wrote:

Hello,

I have my /var partitioned out to be 150mb which I thought was a

You're probably getting a lot of log hits on a "default block log all" at the end of your rules. You can prevent a lot of crud by doing "block quicks" w/o log statements for the following:

-) Multicast crud (Apple users)
-) Windows NetBIOS/CIFS Broadcast crap
-) IPv6

Good examples can be found.

~BAS

Hi, Jake,

You are absolutly correct - 150 mb is too small for /var partition and only configuring of PF logging will not be enought. But I am sure that it is good idea to keep all the the information of pflog files. So, you have several ways to solve this problem:

1) Make a directory on some bigger partition and setup newsyslog by editing /etc/newsyslog.conf to store archieved logs in that folder.

2) Move log folder to some bigger partition and create symbolic link to that place in /var partition.

PS: And never stop logging, truth is in the logs.

Regards,
Ivan Hudiakov