On Nov 30, 2007 11:31 AM, Daniel Ouellet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Quick question on the rules of this if I may.
>
> What's the rules, kind of used to determine when new PCI ID can be put
> in the "pcidevs" in the tree?
>
> If I find new ID's, do they need to be verify by users first, etc?
>
> In looking at my SAS problem, I find that Symbios Logic may have
>
> 0x0066 "Symbios Logic Inc. / NCR|MegaRAID SCSI 320-2XRWS"
>
> And that ID is not in the tree yet. So, to be included there, do you
> need the data sheet or something from the company, or you put them as
> possible one and finalize them when the hardware is tested, or what's
> the process for that?
>
> What do you required if I come across others like that to be useful?
>
> Best,
>
> Daniel

Usually what I have seen normally only a diff is needed.
The thing is that if nobody is working on a driver or it is just
something that is known not to work there is no reason for including
the ID.
Otherwise it would be good for testing.

Do a diff, send it in, see if nay of the developers commit it. It's
easy as that.

BR
dunceor