OpenBSD gets a short mention in a blog:

        Q:
        "... why in the world canbt we design a computer that can
        bcold bootb nearly instantaneously? I know about
        hibernation, etc., but when I do have to reboot, I hate
        waiting those three or four minutes.  "

        Schneier:
        "Of course we  can; Amiga was a fast booting computer,
        and OpenBSD boxes  boot in less than a minute. But the
        current crop of major  operating systems just donbt.
        This is an economics  blog, so you tell me: why donbt
        the computer companies  compete on boot-speed?"

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/bruce-schneier-blazes-through-your-questions/

It's interesting that the issue of why a computer must be cold booted is
not brought up, especially in the day and age where hibernation modes
are readily available.  Perhaps, the interviewer is a victim of the
Microsoft effect.

-Lars