| I don't recommend Torvalds' version of Linux.  The versions of Linux
    | in Ututo and gNewSense, which I recommend, do not have the blobs.

    Interesting, these linux distributions.

They are GNU/Linux distributions.  (See
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html.)

                                            They seem to be pretty new,
    what did you recommend before these came onto the scene ? None of
    these seemed to exist 8 years ago.

Nothing!  For many years there was no system distribution I
could recommend to the public, and that is what I said.

    You are, however, being asked to explain how you combine these views
    with the support for several non-free OS'es within the copyleft
    software packages of emacs and gcc.

Yes, after one person brought this up, many others repeated it (as if
sheer volume of namecalling meant something).  My message about this
issue will go out in the same batch as this message.

One person asked why it was "hard" for me to answer this question.
It wasn't hard for me to respond, but it would have been impossible
to respond quickly.  I have to sleep, you know.  And since I review
my messages before actually sending them, I don't send mail quickly.

It usually takes 12 to 24 hours from when a message is sent to when I
send a response.  Plenty of opportunity--for those who seek one--to
claim that my silence proves I have no comeback.