Hi!

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 05:45:05PM +0100, Firas Kraiem wrote:
>On Sunday 16 December 2007 17:13:49 Per-Olov SjC6holm wrote:
>> I have today updated (well tried) two OpenBSD -STABLE systems. One
>> 4.0 and one 4.1.

>> First the kernel update and a reboot... No problem....
>> Then a "make obj && make build" of the userland. This gave me the
>> following error after a while...

>http://openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#BldBinary

>The FAQ says that if you want to upgrade a -stable system to the
>newest -stable, you should first do a binary upgrade to the latest
>release, and then build -stable from there. I guess it will get rid of
>such errors.

>Firas

I haven't read the original mail as upgrading to a *different* stable,
but as update from release to *matching* stable (or from stable to
another update of the *same* stable).

In that case, it could be that for some reason, an earlier CVS checkout
misses the execute permission of some script, and then, IIRC, cvs update
doesn't (re-)add the execute flag on it. I.e. remove the directory and
re-get it (cvs -q update -Pd -rOPENBSD_4_[01] on the parent dir) could
perhaps fix that. If you can flag the exact problem, it can also be
enough to remove the specific file (script) and cvs ... update ... on
the directory containing the file, or even specifying the file itself.

Kind regards,

Hannah.