Hi,

I am just trying to set up a wireless gateway/router using an old Mac
with OpenBSD 4.2 installed... I have followed through the FAQ and set
up my device, IP addresses, and DHCPD accordingly.

Now I have come to this part of the FAQ:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#Setup.forward

Which has a few suggestions for exactly what I wanted to do: routing
packets... out of OpenBGPD, routed(8), mrtd, zebra, and quagga, I
attempted to look up OpenBGPD and routed(8), but couldn't really get
my head around, maybe because my lack of knowledge?

Now, I have configured pf to have an extremely nat rule just to see if
that works, and it does, I were able to my my packets across the
network and stuff... although traceroute do seem a bit slow compared
to my "stock router" that I brought some time ago... but I guess my
question is, is pf all I need to get this router going? Or do I need
to look into OpenBGPD or routed(8)? This is just for a small home
network by the way, and I really just want to have more control over
what my housemates can do, nothing in the level of enterprise ISP.

Thanks for your time.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0