7 Jan 2008 07:58:04 -0800, Unix Fan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> These firmwares are just the same as "Microcode" in modern processors, It's
> "NOT" tainting the kernel at all... unlike "binary blob" drivers that are
> very common in the

Just wondering... what could be the worse thing that could happen if
the firmware is badly written, say for a wireless device? Could it be
possible to bring the whole system down? Or would it just crash the
device itself, as if the hardware had a defect?

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0