On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 07:58:19AM -0600, Marco Peereboom wrote:
> > Gilles' message seems to say that OpenBSD policy is to allow
> > binary-only firmware.  Is that correct?

I did not SEEM to say anything. I told you to fucking read the pages that
are freely available online, but you seem unfamiliar with the concepts of
reading and getting facts right.

Let me summarize it for you:

OpenBSD ships an operating system that is entirely free and which has all
of its source code available. ANY code executed by OpenBSD can be audited
and is available in source code.

Now, be careful because it is where you usually get lost, firmware is not
a piece of code loaded in the kernel. It is not an object which exports a
callback, just as it is not a driver. It is something that is *unrelated*
to OpenBSD and which JUST GETS LOADED INTO THE HARDWARE.

Please, read the paragraph above a couple times.

Gilles

--
Gilles Chehade