2008/1/12, Richard Stallman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>     In that case, buying a Windows computer would be Ok, as long as you
>     don't update the version of Windows software that is on it... when you
>     want a newer version of Windows, just get a new computer.
>
> It is normal for users to install software on a PC.
> Perhaps many users never install anything and use only the
> software that was delivered.  But it is not abnormal to install
> software.

But it is abnormal to install firmware? Please explain, what's normal
and what's not?

For the masses it is quite abnormal to install Linux, let alone
gNewsense... does it that mean ethics isn't important for such OS's?

Oh, you said somewhere along the lines of updating firmware...

| That is a borderline case.  One possible resolution is that it is ok
| to use this hardware, but updating the firmware is a bad thing.

So say you buy a WinPC, and it is perfectly fine to use this hardware
as is, provided you don't update Windows?

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0