On 10/01/2008, bofh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > captured?
> >
> > did the police go to the billing address of the cell phone he was
> > using and paying for?
> >

> Heh.  A simple search for kevin mitnick capture will give you tons of
> links.  Here's one:
>
> http://www.takedown.com/coverage/prince-hackers.html
>
> I do apologize in advance for the link though - it was written by markoff.
> There were... ethical issues with what he subsequently did.

Indeed.
Here's a better link:
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3429504/Freedom_Downtime_(2004_version)_-_Story_of_Hacker_Kevin_Mitnick

And no, to the best of my knowledge this is not copyright
infringement, because Emmanuel Goldstein of 2600 has mentioned on Off
The Hook sometime that he doesn't object to such copying, and
2600/Emmanuel is the copyright holder. Or just email him at 2600.com
if you're still unconvinced. Of course if you want to support 2600
magazine, an action I heartily encourage, you can also buy the DVD
(which is full of hidden features, cf.
http://www.2600.com/easter/eggs.html ) at
http://store.2600.com/film.html