On 20 Jan 2008 10:15:15 -0800, Unix Fan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Stuart Henderson wrote:
>
> > See for yourself: http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/cvs/
>

> I'm slighly confused by something.... if the "cvs" command in OpenBSD 4.2 is
> "OpenCVS", why does "cvs --help" refer to places like cvshome.org for updates
> etc?

If you take a look at src/usr.bin/Makefile [0], you'll notice that
'cvs' (as well as 'pcc', BTW) is not (yet) connected to the build. The
one that is connected is the GNU CVS from src/gnu/usr.bin/cvs/.

On the other hand, the situation with rcs is different -- OpenRCS was
connected to the build before OpenBSD 4.0, and GNU RCS was completely
removed from the source tree before OpenBSD 4.1.

br,
cnst.su.

[0] http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.bin/Makefile