Hello,

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Richard Daemon wrote:

On Feb 2, 2008 2:49 PM, Stefan Kell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Jim M wrote:

Sorry I wasn't clear.  What my mind was thinking wasn't coming across.
hope this helps.

I have a firewall that runs on a Sun Ultra 5.  It is a dhcp client on
the
WAN side and a dhcp server inside the house.  The firewall connects to a
switch that has several things connected to it including other computers
(running various operating systems), switches that service other parts
of
the house and a Linksys wireless G access point.

I have a company HP laptop that runs Windows XP.  The laptop has a built
in 802.11 capability and a PCMCIA card.  The card works fine, but the
built in will get through the WAP fine, but won't get an IP address from
the firewall.

Is there some log file where I can look for error messages to try to
troubleshoot this.

Thanks again, and I hope this helps explain things.