Marco Peereboom wrote:
> I recall seeing a post on a port for native vmware tools on openbsd.  I
> can't find that email to save my life.  Does anyone recall it that can
> send it to me?

Is this what you're looking for?
Date:   Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:07:30 +0200
From:   Martin Schrvder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     misc@openbsd.org <misc@openbsd.org>

"VMware is announcing the release of large portions of VMware Tools
for Linux, Solaris and FreeBSD guests under GPL and GPL-compatible
licenses. VMware is also announcing the creation of the Open Virtual
Machine Tools ("open-vm-tools") project on Sourceforge.net. This will
become the home for ongoing development."

http://open-vm-tools.sourceforge.net/faq.php

Yes, it's GPL and not BSD. But maybe in the future an OBSD client
won't need FreeBSD emulation.

Best
   Martin

HTH,