On 2008/02/07 16:07, Antti Harri wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Dustin Lundquist wrote:
>
>> In the past I've used Enviromux devices, polling them via SNMP with MRTG.
>>   http://www.networktechinc.com/enviro-mini.htm
>
> You mean http://www.networktechinc.com/enviro-mini.html ? Quite
> pricey stuff.
>
> I have a simple temperature sensor connected to chip
> with few components in it. That connects to serial
> port and I'm reading values using misc/digitemp.
>
> I'm unable to find the original schematic, but here's
> similar: http://pertti.husu.org/index.php?sivu=dallas (in Finnish)
>
> Anyone have similar setups for getting humidity values?

you could adapt the owsbm(4) driver for the SB2438 smart battery
monitor to support the circuit here:

http://www.sensorsmag.com/articles/0800/62/

there are a bunch of SNMP-readable devices (netbotz and so on),
but the ones I looked at were damned expensive, even on ebay, and
probably aren't any more than you can do with a soekris/pcengines
board (with it's convenient onboard GPIO) & onewire.

http://www.snmplink.org/snmpappliance/hardware/

hardware sold to the home PC-based weather station market is quite
a bit cheaper than hardware sold into the datacentre market...