Jacob Meuser wrote:
On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 08:16:23AM -0800, Unix Fan wrote:
After I updated my OpenBSD 4.2 workstations with the released patches... VLC
media player crashes!

VLC media player 0.8.6c Janus
vlc:/usr/local/lib/vlc/codec/libquicktime_plugin.so: undefined symbol
'NewHandleClear'
The program '.' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 475 error_code 11 request_code 145 minor_code 5)

Come on guys... what happened? I've tried uninstalling VLC and reinstalling it..
and even deleting all .vlc related files in $HOME.

Using Mplayer is choppy for some reason...

I just bought McDonalds and can't watch a DVD :( :( :(

Works fine here on the fresh installation of 4.2 release. I think, I had to set correct device node in preferences but that was it. I personally like the best Ogle as a DVD player. You may also use MPlayer.
Did you clean .vlc after the rebuilt?

try kaffeine or ogle for DVDs as well.

or change the video output module in vlc.

btw, you never said what arch this is on or what window manager you
are using ...

and cross-posting to misc and ports is rather lame.