* Chris Kuethe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [080210 12:34]:
> On Feb 10, 2008 8:31 AM, Jim Razmus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm trying to compile a program that uses NAN.  It includes math.h which
> > I'm told C99 says should define it.  I've grepped the entire source tree
> > and read up on man 3 math and man 3 isinf.  Still no joy.
> >
> > Trying to compile the program yields "error: `NAN' undeclared (first use
> > in this function)".
> >
> > Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>
> #ifndef NAN
> #define NAN (0.0/0.0)
> #endif
>

> --
> GDB has a 'break' feature; why doesn't it have 'fix' too?

I'm told that math.h should do this for me.  Moreover, I think NAN is a
machine dependent value.

Adding the line you mention would break on VAX (assuming I understand
this correctly).  Although I don't think anyone would run this program
on a VAX, if it's in the ports tree there's the possibility.

Worst case, I could add those defines though.

Thanks.
Jim