Zbigniew Baniewski wrote:
On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 12:42:38AM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:

You're an idiot.
[..]
Think about it.

Idiots don't think.

If you didn't knew it - you're even bigger idiot, than I am.

<could_not_resist>
  Oh, but they do! They are just not very successful. ;-)
</could_not_resist>

The suggestion about installing packages into /<whatever> is fine if stated as a suggestion and/or question. I do not agree, but still I think the question is valid. However, adding "It doesn't need any funding to fix this." makes it seem like a mistake that is trivial to fix, and I can understand if that pisses Marc off.

BTW, think about all ports with hardcoded paths to /usr/local/<dependency>. One might argue that those ports are broken, but I'd guess there are quite a lot of them.

/Alexander