Hello  -

I have been working on and actually making progress for writing a client
for windows that will authenticate a user to authpf upon login thereby
granting access to the network based on rules setup for each user/group.
In addition we would love to be able to somehow transparently
authenticate that user to the squid firewall tied back to the Active
Directory on our network using LDAP.  Just wondering if anyone has
approached/done something like this already in the hopes of saving some
time developing it.

I would be more than happy to share my code for the windows side - needs
to be cleaned up before I released it - if anybody is interested in
assisting as well.  My goal would be to have a small client that starts
with windows that notes when a user logs onto the computer and
automagically takes care of opening and holding open an ssh1 session to
the firewall as well as someone allowing the user to be authenticated to
the squid proxy transparently.

Any advice (useful advice preferred - but other advice accepted without
prejudice) would be appreciated.

I have limited background in C and C++ and a fair amount of experience
in Windows C# development.

Thanks,
Brian Shackelford