On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Matthieu Herrb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Amarendra Godbole
>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > I am unable to move the display to a projector or an external monitor
>  >  on my Thinkpad X60, which is running OpenBSD 4.2-current. Fn-F7 is the
>  >  keycombination to be used to switch displays, but it does not work.
>  >  Now, I am not too sure if this is a function of the OS, or Thinkpad's
>  >  firmware. Search engines turned up nothing. Can someone suggest a way
>  >  by which I can make use of an external monitor? Any software package
>  >  to control this? Thanks.
>  >

>  The X60 is using intel i965 graphics right? (hard to tell without some
>  dmesg or Xorg.0.log attached to your message)
>  So X is normally using the 'intel' driver which uses XRandR 1.2.
>  Plug you projector or external monitor, run 'xrandr --auto' and you
>  should be setup for mirroring.
>  Check the xrandr(1) man page and the intel web site
>  http://www.intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html for more configuration
>  options.
>
>  If I wrong and the X60 doesn't use an intel chipset, please post more
>  details first (Xorg.0.log or dmesg at least)

945GM is the chipset. I tried playing around with xrandr, but no luck.
Most likely I am unable to get the concepts right. Anyways, my
Xorg.log.0, dmesg, and xrandr are hosted here:
http://www.obscure.org/~amunix/misc/
I'd appreciate if you can help me here.

Oh, BTW, I noticed some option in the BIOS which sets "boot display",
and the values are LCD screen, VGA, both. If I select VGA or both, my
output goes only to the VGA, but not on the LCD. :-|

-Amarendra