Girish Venkatachalam schreef:
"wd0 lost interrupt. fsbn blah blah blah 234023409-234234.."

You get it?

The SMPS in the PC is not able to provide the power that these higher
capacity disk's stepper motors demand.

It never occurred to me so far that disk failures were a natural
consequence of my little "power games" if one can call it that.
I am not an authority on the subject at all but...

A non-tech solution might be to buy a cheap notebook and use that as your workstation and/or backup device. If power fails or drops the battery will automatically take over and you should not experience any disk problems.

Matt