For idle:
$ swapctl -s
total: 4200966k bytes allocated = 4776k used, 4196190k available

When I not set HOTSPOT_BUILD_JOBS, it trap to ddb.
Could you restrict the HOTSPOT_BUILD_JOBS not by cores, but also by memory ?

Just for interested:  What's the default vaalue for HOTSPOT_BUILD_JOBS
and PARALLEL_BUILD_JOBS ?

---
Dongsheng