On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Paul de Weerd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Placing correctness before features is such a fundamentally different
> approach to what (most) other projects do, with such obvious results,
> I'm amazed OpenBSD is still the only one doing it.

I think you're doing postgresql a disservice...  afaik, they do place a lot
on correctness, hence, they were acid compliant (and mysql is not) for the
longest time.  Umm... not the browser acid, this one:
http://databases.about.com/od/specificproducts/a/acid.htm

This is also why the recent scalability tests by freebsd shows that the
mysql database tops out at 8 cores (additional cores do _nothing_ at all),
whereas postgresql keeps on linearly trucking.

And 30% faster than mysql.

Not ranting at you, btw :)

--
http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift