> >> I just noticed that the files PACKAGES, PORTS and README in the 4.2
> >> directory have a relative new date and mention OpenBSD 4.3.
> >> Doesn't look right to me.
> >
> > Oops.  Thanks for noticing.
>
> Sorry to hijack this thread but I have a question related to it:
> the i386 (others too?) snapshot packages are out-of-date, is
> this issue known?
>
> Packages want libc 43 but base has been bumped to 44.

Base snapshots have moved to -current, but the packages are still in
the process of being built for the release which will go out the door
in a month or so.

Doing this is intentional; it benefits our development processes.

We do this every release, since we use the "snapshots" to engage
"developers" instead of "users".  "developers" will now already be
keeping their eye on what will make it into the next releases.  Some
users will think that they can use snapshots to "get something near or
just before 4.3 early", but no... that time is over.

As soon as the pkg building machines are finished their job and free
to move forward, then newer snapshot packages will start showing up.

Due to the limits of FTP space, and in particular the links to move
data up to the ftp mirrors, we just don't have any way to do both.

This libc crank, by the way, is nasty.  It needs a new kernel.