Ted Walther wrote:
[snip]
(The 2/3-term BSD license meant to do basically the same, but it used
more words to do the same.  The old 4-term BSD license included some
terms to make University of California benefit from advertising, if
there was going to be any.)

I have been generating midi, ogg, pdf, and mp3 files of some old,
out-of-copyright music.  I have been releasing them and the source that
generates them under the Creative Commons license.
Do you recommend the 3 term BSD license for this particular use instead?
Or would the 2 term one be better?

The BSD license is about using copyright, for which I believe you have no claim in the media files you mention.