Hi folks,
I'm running OpenBSD 4.2, I've installed and configured Samba.

I have a shared directory on the OBSD box that I store some backup log
files stored in. I want to be able to read the log files (or any other
files as well) from the shared directory, but I'm not able to do so.

Here's my smb.conf file :

[global]

workgroup = PROXYBOX

server string = Samba Server

security = share

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

[shared]
comment = Shared directory on the proxy server
path = /var/squid/logs/squid_logs
read only = no
browseable = yes
guest ok = yes
public = yes

For testing purposes, I've set the permissions on the squid_logs
directory to: 777

I can map the drive from a Windows box and even create
files/folders...but I can copy files from it to the Windows box or
read files. O.K., I'm stumped; what am I overlooking???

Also, once you've made changes to your smb.conf file, how do you
stop/restart Samba???

Thank you,
Ed