Khalid Schofield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm wondering what is the best crypto card to buy to use with openbsd to
> do AES and blowfish and the SSL encryption.
>
> Is this the best buy? http://www.soekris.com/vpn1401.htm

It's the only one readily available in the retail market.
(If I'm missing some offers, let me know.)

> It mentions AES but not blowfish.

There isn't any crypto accelerator that implements Blowfish.

Blowfish's interest is limited nowadays.  It was attractive back
when the top mainstreamer cipher was 3DES, which is slow in software,
but AES is just as fast as Blowfish--in fact AES was faster for
some scp(1) tests I did, if I remember correctly--and has received
more scrutiny by the cryptographic community.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]